It is very important to warm up the spine through gentle movements coordinated with the breath, and strengthen the back of the body with variations of these top Yoga Poses for Back pain
- • Mountain Pose – increases your sense of inner strength
• Standing forward bend – to connect you to your source (the Earth)
• Cat Cow Pose – helps stretch the spine and bring awareness to breathing
• Bridge Pose- Camel pose and other back bends – opens the heart
• Pigeon pose elongates the back, opens the hips, groin, hamstrings, and relieves pressure on the lower back and sciatica.
• Reclined Big Toe pose offers a stretch to the hips, thighs, hamstrings and calves and strengthens the muscles around the knees
• Cross Legged seated twist improves side-to-side mobility; decreases backaches and hip pain
• Triangle Pose helps increase circulation, and gives you the ability to improve balance, stamina and strength to your mind and body.
• Downward Facing Dog stimulates the entire body, relieves back pain and fatigue
• Child’s pose – calms and quiets the mind, this is a resting pose in between other poses
- Legs on the wall is a restorative pose and has a tremendous amount of benefits, for the digestive system.
Release tight muscles in your back and reduce back pain with these yoga poses.