Here are some of the best Yoga Poses for lower back pain.
- Mountain pose – increases your sense of inner strength
- Boat Pose – builds strength in your abdomen and tops of upper thighs
- Bridge Pose strengthens the back, glutes, legs and ankles.
- Child’s pose – calms and quiets the mind
- Standing forward bend – to connect you to your source (the Earth)
- Cat/Cow sequence – helps stretch the spine and bring awareness to breathing
- Bridge pose, Camel pose and other backbends – opens the heart
- Pigeon pose elongates the back, opens the hips, groin, hamstrings, and relieves pressure on the lower back and sciatica.
- Reclined Big Toe pose offers a stretch to the hips, thighs, hamstrings and calves and strengthens the muscles around the knees
- Cross Legged seated twist improves side-to-side mobility; decreases backaches and hip pain
- Legs up the wall – a grounding pose that also helps increase circulation and helps depression suffers who experience insomnia
- Downward Facing Dog stimulates the entire body, relieves back pain and fatigue.Get Your Free 30 Day Yoga Course